Infinity Labs: who we are & where we’re going
Nice to meet you. I’m grateful you’re here. We’re Infinity Labs — a small collective of artists, engineers, ML experts and ex-AAA game devs.
We’re excited to announce the launch date of our inaugural release, Scenes of the Solverse NFT Collection, coming soon to Solana blockchain on September 28th, 2021 at 9:30PM UTC.
What is Scenes of the Solverse?
Scenes from the Solverse is a collection of 8888 NFTs or “scenes” from every corner of the metaverse, or as they say in the Solana ecosystem, the “Solverse”.
There are 1111 unique artworks and 8 copies of each, to represent 8 different possible timelines.
Soon, you’ll be able to collect and merge together scenes and timelines to forge new and rarer realities, until there exists a single 1111-piece timeline as determined by you, the community.
This means that eventually, the collection will contain only 1111 fully-realized NFTs.
Where did this idea come from?
Scenes from the Solverse started in the height of the pandemic, when one of our teammates was diagnosed with a rare illness. As an escape from their own reality, they started dreaming up their own.
Their passion and was so strong that they convinced their closest friends to join them for the ride, and some of us ended up quitting our full-time jobs during the pandemic to join them and build this.
We believe that this is the future for how ambitious projects will be released and funded — through the people who love and resonate with them most. And we hope as many people as possible can become involved in the process.
- Mint — 8888 beautiful scenes from every corner of the Solverse will be released (1111 unique artworks, 8 different possible timelines). From creatures, to celestial items and beings, plant life, landmarks, and more.
- Secondary Market — Post-mint, we’ll be releasing on Solanart so you can purchase and sell other scenes with others.
- Community Driven Lore — We’ve written lore for one timeline, now you, the community, can have the power to etch what happens in the other timelines onto the blockchain.
- Partnerships — In the past we’ve created pieces inspired by beloved Solana projects, such as this piece from Cyber Samurai.
- We hope to allow the opportunity for people to be able to etch their own stories, inspired by their favorite NFTs, onto the Solana blockchain.
- Metaverse Merge — Collect and hold on to your favorite scenes. If you have at least two timelines of the same scene, you’ll be able to merge them together to create a new and rarer piece.
- As the owner, you get to choose which of your timelines stay, and which disappear.
- Eventually, there can only exist a single 1111-piece timeline as determined by you, the community. This means that eventually, the collection can contain only 1111 fully-realized NFTs.
- Tracking Tools — We’ll also be looking at how to improve metaverse merging, via partnerships and other means, as well as creating discord channels to trade scenes and timelines.
We’re incredibly excited to release the Scenes of the Solverse NFT Collection into the world soon on September 28, 2021 at 9:30PM UTC.
This is our foundation for what comes next. We’ve been thinking about ways we can extend the Solverse beyond these 3 phases, potentially converting landmarks into game plots, turning items and beings into play-ables, or even creating an API for our lore for other projects to build on top of. For now, these are just ideas.
The potential futures for this project are limitless — only limited by imagination.
It’s time to build.